City of Vaasa is the energy capital of the North and one of the most international areas in Finland. Vaasa is a growing city with about 67.600 inhabitants, where innovative actions, knowhow, high quality services, a large variety of educational opportunities and an intense energetic touch meets.
As a result of persistent hard work Vaasa has often been chosen as the most competitive and resilient city in Finland. City of Vaasa is an active part in the triple helix cooperation with our six universities and business life in order to enhance innovative platforms and showcase the great energy technology know-how in the region. In relation to the population, Vaasa is the largest university city in Finland with a total of 20 000 students.
– Great opportunities for SMEs and global companies heading for the future
– Various sized plots
– A new exceptional industrial zone, logistically great with rail connections and the airport and harbor close-by
– Skilled workforce
City of Vaasa, carbon neutral in 2035 promotes
– energy efficiency in new residential areas i.e. Ravilaakso
– innovative solutions for energy generation and distribution i.e. Sundom smart grid
– waste to energy i.e. bio-gas buses
– wind power plant
We are looking for / we are interested in developing
– Companies developing globally respected energy technology solutions to further strengthen our energy cluster
– Seeking a substantial battery-factory investment or other related businesses in the same valuechain
– Other new or growing business