The Meteoria is managed by Sundom bygdeförening (voluntary association of the village), in cooperation with the Astronomical Society of Vaasa Andromeda, which operates and is in charge of the observatory.
A visitor centre in a unique, very old impact crater: one of the best preserved out of about 190 known craters on Earth.
Experience the violent impact in a simulation in the exhibition, which covers a long history of at least 520 million years.
Walk in a model of the solar system and in an informative crater model with a falling asteroid.
See and listen to the birds in their paradise and inhale the country air of this fertile agricultural area – just 10 km south of the city of Vaasa. Suitable for all ages.
- An advanced exhibition telling a long story of at least 520 million years of the impact crater
- A well-equipped astronomical observatory
- A bird-watching tower
- An energy cellar – own production of renewable energy: solar and wind
We are looking for
- Production of renewable energy and off-grid energy production
- Developing new exhibitions of primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, to journey through space and time